Meet the Team
1 in 4 people of us will experience a mental health problem each year. No matter how big or small the problem seems to be, our highly skilled and diverse team members are really good at listening and making people feel comfortable.
Covering Herefordshire and Worcestershire, the team provide a range of free, confidential support for people experiencing difficulties such as stress, anxiety, low mood and depression.
The services are provided by Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust and cover Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
Working with a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner
Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners (PWPs) help people improve their mental wellbeing through a range of interventions such as short educational courses, online therapy programme (SilverCloud) and Guided Self-Help (face to face or via the telephone). This includes setting realistic goals and looking at how what we think and what we do affects the way that we feel.
A PWP can offer up to 6 one to one sessions, each lasting around 30mins. During these sessions questions will be asked in order to monitor your progress.
Working with a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
What we think and what we do affect how we feel. When we have negative or anxious thoughts and listen to them, we can begin to change our behaviour and act in ways that reinforce the thoughts. We can all develop patterns of thoughts and behaviours that are unhelpful; after all we’re only human.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is an approach that helps you recognise and change those patterns. By changing what we think and what we do, we can change how we feel for the better, and this is what your CBT Therapist will help you to do.
Taking part in CBT involves:
Attending weekly sessions that are typically 50-60 minutes
- Attending around 12 sessions
- Practicing skills in between the sessions
- Developing the strategies and techniques you need for a calmer and happier life
Working with Counsellor
Our Counsellors’ are trained to listen to you and value your point of view. We aim to provide a supportive and therapeutic space to help understand your thoughts and feelings.
Counselling is a form of talking therapy that has been proven to help lift symptoms of depression. Depression can be caused by many different life events and situations; including bereavement of a loved one, relationship difficulties, low self-esteem and changes in circumstances. Counselling will generally run for 6 sessions, with each session lasts for 50 minutes. During these sessions we will ask you to complete some questionnaires for us to monitor your progress.
Employment Support Information
If you access Worcestershire Healthy Minds, you will also have access to a specialist employability service, delivered in conjunction with Mental Health Matters. This additional service will give access to Employment Advisors to provide specialist free confidential advice if you are unemployed and looking at gaining employment, as well as support if stress, anxiety and depression are affecting your work. For further information please click here
If you access Herefordshire Healthy Minds, you will also have access to Landau Herefordshire an employment and training services. If you are unemployed and looking at gaining employment, as well as support if stress, anxiety and depression are affecting your work. For further information please click here
What you can expect from us
- Our team are supervised and trained in the therapies offered to ensure you recieve the highest quality of care
- We work alongside you and are commited to keeping you and others safe. There may be occasions when we need to share some information with other services to do this
- The Healthy Minds team offers help and support to persons of all faiths and none. We help everyone with equality and diversity; regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, disability or gender.
What we expect from you
- To commit to time limited appointments and be willing to consider the idea of making chnages to get the most from therapy
- Tell us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend your appointment.